Friday, April 17, 2009

Recipe of the Month

Swedish Nut Cake
(We served this at last months R.S. birthday party)
2 cups white sugar
2 cups of all-purpose flour + 2 Tbls
2 eggs
½ c. chopped walnuts
2 t. baking soda
2 t. vanilla
1 (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple with juice
Frosting
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
1 lb. of confectioner sugar ( I usually add more…almost a cup more)
½ c. of chopped walnuts
½ c. or one cube butter
1 t. vanilla extract
(2-6 T. milk – adjust consistency to your liking – I added this to the recipe because I cool the cake and use more confectioner sugar.)

1. Preheat oven to 350- degrees. Grease and flour 9x13 baking pan.

2. In large bowl mix: flour, sugar, ½ c. walnuts and baking soda – add eggs, pineapple and
t. vanilla. Beat until smooth and pour into 9x13 baking pan.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.

4. For icing: cream butter or margarine, cream cheese, 1 tsp. Vanilla with confectioner sugar until light and fluffy – fold in ½ c. chopped walnuts.

5. Spread icing on hot cake - (I like to cool my cake until it is just barely warm, that’s why I make more frosting)

0 comments: